The last act of this UEFA Champions League season is getting closer. Juventus Torino and Real Madrid will clash on 3rd June in Cardiff, the capital city of Wales. Real Madrid has the chance to become the first team in history to win the cup two seasons in a row, while Juventus can turn a very good year in a great one by winning all trophies they played for.
What is to be expected of the UEFA Champions League Final
The road to Cardiff had his highlights, especially for Real who passed by Bayer Munchen in a controverted quarter-final. On the other side, Juventus seemed like having no trouble taking out team after team till the final. But before drawing any conclusion let’s have a look at the statistics below.
After looking at the numbers you could say Real Madrid is favorite. They have the tradition, the goals, Ronaldo in a great shape and also the advantage of playing two finals in the last three years. Yet, Juventus is not going to be an easy prey. The Italian squad has many experienced players which form a strong group, the team is in a great shape and they seemed to dominate every opponent so far in this UEFA Champions League edition.
Real Madrid’s strong points
- most goals scored in this UCL season
- Cristiano Ronaldo (2nd best goal scorer and 2nd best assister)
- Toni Kroos (2nd player with most passes completed)
- Keylor Navas (3rd goalkeeper with most saves)
Juventus Torino’s strong points
- the best defense in the UCL (only 3 goals conceded so far this season)
- Gianluigi Buffon (highly motivated to win the last trophy he misses from his showcase)
- the team (they base on the group not on individualities)
All being said, we’re up for a great game. On the pitch statistics mean nothing. All that matters is who gets the better day, who is more inspired and eventually luckier. Who is your favorite in this UEFA Champions League Final? Let us know in a comment what makes you think one or the other should win. Thanks!